The “Decoding The Circle of Vths” Chart is laid out as a poster sized page of
18 x 24. In high resolution PDF format.
The chart is organized in six sections:
- The Circle and the Mode/Transposition Formula
- Symmetry and Inversions over the circle
- Limited-Mode Structures
- Most Common Source Scales and their Modes
- Secondary & Substitute Dominants
- Small Structures. Useful subsets candidates
Every structure is graphed over the circle of 5ths with its modal vector and the
M (# modes) number for that structure. All structure of limited mode are included in the chart. Major, Melodic and Harmonic minor and their modes. Small structures such as triads and tetrads are also included.
There are endless ways to apply the concepts presented in the “Decoding the Circle of Vths” chart. From jazz improvisation and voicings to tonal and atonal music composition and theory, many exercises and studies can be designed using this graphical approach to musical structures over the circle of fifths.
The eBook. Contents:
1. A formal intruduction to the concept and nomenclature. Definitions of modal structures, normal vectors, structure transformations and more, with examples and exercises for each one.
2. A description of the “Decoding the Circle Vths” chart’s layout and how to use it when applying the concept.
3. A set of exercises and ideas on how to apply the chart and concept to Jazz improv, Voicings, Composition and Arranging.
4. A brief manual on how to use the mCircle online software.
5. An appendix with worksheets for studying and applying the concept.
for more info visit mDecks.com
Leave a Reply